BEGINNING FARMER & RANCHER
What is a Beginning Farmer & Rancher?
- Individual who has not had an interest in any crop or livestock for more than five total crop years.
- Can exclude years in which the individual was under 18, in active military service or enrolled in a post-secondary education program.
What are the benefits for Beginning Farmers & Ranchers?
- 10% increase in premium subsidy
- Increased yield plug for low-yielding years
- No Administrative Fees
- $30 per Crop, per County
- Ability to transfer yield history from previous operator in some situations
If you think you or someone in your operation might qualify as a Beginning Farmer & Rancher, click here to contact us to learn more.